Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Not Very Homo, Though, Pudge And Ronny: Chapter 19

This is my Accelerated Christian Education fanfiction, in which I ship two of the male characters. See earlier chapters on the ACE Gay Fanfiction page at the top of this blog, or my Deviant Art page here.


 
"I am so proud of you, Happy," Dad said as they drove away, putting his hand on Happy's shoulder. "I wanted to slug Ronny just like he wanted you to. But you made this an opportunity to share Jesus with him."
"You shouldn't be so proud of me, Dad," Happy said, slowly. "I still feel angry towards Ronny."
"I know, Happy. It's normal to still feel hurt and angry. You can forgive Ronny and still feel angry," he said, softly
"Okay."
"It's okay to feel whatever you feel."
"REALLY?!" Happy said eagerly, studying his father's face.
His dad was taken aback. "That's not what I meant, Happy. I just meant your feelings."
"These...are my feelings," he said quietly.
"Look, it's like your mother said: We love you no matter what, but we think that you're just confused."
"Pull over. That guy's cute," Happy said, looking out the window.
"Very funny, smart guy," Dad answered. "But you're probably just going through a phase. There's no need for all this coming-out stuff and everything."
"I didn't want to lie to you."
"Look, just give it some time, and some prayer. Things could change."
Happy was silent for a long time, trying to think of something to say. How to tell him that this was real?
"Happy? Are you okay?" Dad said suddenly. Happy had not noticed the tears streaming down his own face.
"This is real," he choked. "I know what I am, even with Down's."
"This isn't about you having Down's, Happy," his dad said, slightly irritated. "It's about you being confused. Anyone can be confused like this."
"I've known for a long time."
"How long do you think you've known?"
"Since...before...before I knew...before I knew liking boys...was bad."
"So...you didn't even know what gay was?" Dad asked slowly, confused.
Happy shook his head.
"I've never heard of that," Dad remarked.
"You named me Happy; what did you expect?"
His dad actually laughed. That was progress, at least, Happy thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment