Sunday, March 20, 2016

Marcy's Secret: Pudge And Ronny, Chapter 31

 This is my Accelerated Christian Education fan fiction, the very first ACE fan fiction, that I know of, and like many other fan fiction stories, it features a gay couple which was not in the original story (especially in a conservative Christian comic strip in which the women don't wear pants). For more chapters, see the "Gay Christian Fanfiction" page at the top of this blog, or my Deviant Art page here.



When Pudge returned home, his mother was making dinner. He slunk in the door, self-consciously.
"Hey, Pudge, where have you been?" his mother asked cheerfully from the kitchen. "Visiting one of your friends?"
"I...I guess you can say that..." Pudge replied quietly, feeling sick now that he was with his mom.
"Pudge?" his mother appeared from the kitchen, looking concerned. "Pudge, what's wrong?"
 "I...I went to see Ronny tonight."
His mother's eyes were wide. "Oh?" she asked, a little too casually.
"Not like that!" Pudge said quickly. "It wasn't like that, not at all!"
"Okay. I know. What happened, Pudge? Please, you can tell me. You won't get in trouble!"
"Nothing happened, Mom! Not what you're thinking of!"
"Pudge, you can tell me anything..." she said gently.
"There's nothing to tell! Not what you think, anyway!" he added hastily, afraid that he was sinning again by lying. He thought that he couldn't go five minutes without sinning in one way or another. He might not even be able to breath without sinning.
Marcy took a deep breath, calming herself and putting her hands on Pudge's shoulders, in spite of his resistance. "Pudge, look at me. Listen to me. If you had unprotected sex with Ronny--"
"MOM!" Pudge shouted, horrified.
"Listen to me! I'm your mother!" she reminded him, which seemed to shut him up for the moment. "If you had unprotected sex with Ronny, we need to get you to the hospital to get a shot."
"Why do you think I would do that? Don't you know I'm a Christian?!" he demanded.
"Even Christians make mistakes. You don't need to die from it."
"But the wages of sin is death! Who cares about the fornicators? They get what's coming to them!"
 Marcy flinched as if he had physically struck her. Pudge was looking eerily like Ace in his "wise mode."
"How can you say that?!" she asked. "God is not willing that any should perish!"
"They get what's coming to them, though. That's just what happens."
"That does not mean that a mother should have to lose her children, because of their sins," she nearly choked. "Losing a child is worse than dying. Don't you dare put me through that."
"I didn't sin, Mom! What kind of person do you think I am?! I don't make THOSE kinds of mistakes!"
"I made those kinds of mistakes," she said quietly.
"What?" he asked, shocked.
"I wasn't a virgin when I married your father. I think my life turned out all right, in spite of that fact. I have you, don't I? And your father, for a while."
"But...but...that's impossible! You really...?"
She nodded. "I really. And I didn't die from it, and there's no reason you should, if you make mistakes like mine. Now...is there anything you want to tell me, Pudge?"
Pudge stared at her for a long time. "No. I mean...well, not like that. We didn't do anything. I mean, not anything like that. Not what you're thinking of."
"What happened, Pudge?" she softly prompted.
"Ronny's gay, too. Or at least...he's...something. We...we kind of...we kind of kissed."
To his surprise, his mother didn't overreact, she simply nodded. "All right. Come on," she sat down, patting the couch beside her. "Let's talk about this."

No comments:

Post a Comment