Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Almost Completely Homo Pudge And Ronny: Chapter 25

As soon as Becky walked the children out, Happy grabbed Ronny's paper, something telling him that he shouldn't let anyone else see it.
His hunch was confirmed. Both angels had erections, and one was saying to the other, "Hey Pudge, want to invent a new sex act? When in Sodom, after all..."
"Sure, Ronny," the other angel replied. "But you bend over first!"
Happy blanched, then folded it quickly and put it in his pocket.
Happy had a part-time job stocking shelves at the same grocery store that Pudge worked at as a cashier. "Pudge, can you give me a ride home?" he asked that Monday, after making sure that his shift ended at the same time Pudge's did.
"Sure, Happy, I'd be glad to," Pudge replied.
They got in Pudge's car, making small talk for a while.
"So, how was Ronny in your Sunday School class?" Pudge asked.
"It was...interesting," Happy replied. "You two are dating, aren't you?" he asked casually.
"Gah! What?!" Pudge nearly ran a stop sign, he was so shocked at the question.
"I know you two are dating. It's okay with me. I'm gay, too," he said, hesitatingly.
"What?" Pudge asked, incredulously. "But--but you're so..."
Happy narrowed his eyes. "So...what?"
"Normal."
Happy did not know what to make of it. No one had ever really called him normal, before. "I know what I am. You are too, aren't you?"
Pudge was the color of a beet, and he couldn't even look at Happy. He stared at the steering wheel, until someone behind them honked their horn, forcing him through the deserted intersection.
"I...never meant to be this way," Pudge said quietly as he drove.
"Me neither," Happy replied. "Pull over."
Pudge complied. "I'm thinking of leaving our church," Happy said slowly, quietly.
"What? But this is our home! Our family!"
"Some families kick out their gay kids. This one will, I'm sure of it."
"But they're so full of love!" Pudge objected.
Happy shook his head. "They'll think they have to do it. They think it's a choice."
"You mean--being this way?"
"Would you choose it, Pudge?" Happy asked, tears in his eyes.
"No! Never. Not in a million years."
"I don't know about you," Happy said, slowly, "but...I've never..been with someone...even in my mind. As much as I could help it."
"As much as a straight person could help it."
Happy nodded.
"Then they've got nothing on us!" Pudge exclaimed. "There's no reason to object to us!"
"Do you think that matters?" Happy asked.
Pudge didn't reply. They both knew the answer to that.
Happy took the paper out of his pocket. "He drew this--Ronny drew this. In church. Are you two boyfriends?"
"No! No, of course not. I can't even imagine ever having one, I--wait, RONNY drew this?" he demanded, really noticing it for the first time.
Happy nodded. "He likes you," he said.
"No. That's impossible. He's straight, I'm sure of it. But maybe...I don't know! It doesn't matter, though; it's not right," Pudge said finally, crumpling it up.
"Maybe not," Happy said quietly. "There are some websites I've read. They say things I never even thought of. I can email you."
"Yeah, I guess. Might as well." Pudge sighed, slumping against the seat. "You won't tell anyone, will you, Happy? I could get fired!"
"I won't, if you don't tell on me."
"Deal."
After dropping Happy off, though he was ashamed at the content of the cartoon, Pudge picked up the paper, carefully smoothing it out. He knew he would be saving it, sin or no sin. He hoped God would understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment