Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Not Alone: Pudge And Ronny, Chapter 34

 This is my Accelerated Christian Education fan fiction, the very first ACE fan fiction on the internet, that I know of. You can find more chapters on the "Gay Christian Fanfiction" page at the top of the blog, or on my Deviant Art page here.


"Oh, my goodness! Okay, Donny, you can stay here. Come right over. I'll see you soon. Love you, Donny." Mrs. Hannah Humble hung up the phone, returning to the dinner table. She normally didn't answer the phone during dinner, but Donny lived by himself, and there was a very windy storm outside.
"What was that about, honey?" her husband asked.
"The electricity to Donny's house got cut off. A tree fell, and he doesn't know when he can get someone out there to restore it. It was between the tiny house he built from that shed, and the main house."
Happy tried not to smile, for Uncle Donny was his favorite, but his father disagreed with his brother-in-law's Christian universalist beliefs. "How...long...will he stay here?" Happy asked.
"I don't know, Happy," Mom replied. "I do hope he doesn't expect his chickens to move into the house with us, too, though."
Uncle Donny arrived about an hour later, a large dog kennel in the back of his old truck. The dog, a small white terrier named George, was sitting beside him in the cab. Donny Lovejoy was a thin, very active man in his sixties, with iron-gray hair, hazel eyes, and what seemed like a perpetual grin on his face. Happy was very excited to see him.
Uncle Donny greeted him with a hug. "How's my favorite nephew?" he asked.
"Good," Happy replied simply, beaming at him.
"Wonderful. Help me get these chickens out of here, will you?"
A squawk from the kennel told him that Uncle Donny had indeed brought his two hens and one rooster with him. After getting the kennel to the backyard, Happy and his parents led Uncle Donny into the house, where they sat down on the couch and chairs to talk.
"Are you hungry, Donny?" Mom asked. "We have some leftovers from dinner..."
"That's very nice, thank you, but I already ate. You are a good cook, though, Hannah."
"Thank you," she smiled. "It must have been quite an ordeal."
"Oh, it was. And I don't much mind it, except I'm kind of getting on in years, you know, and it's nice not to be out there alone with no power in that tiny house."
"Yes, I often worry about you, being out there by yourself," Mom nodded.
"Why...didn't you...ever...get married?" Happy asked.
His uncle shrugged. "Well, I guess I just never met the right guy."
Happy's father started coughing into his water glass.
"You all right there, Harry?" Donny asked, concerned.
"I...yes, I think so. Did you just say the right GUY?" he asked, when he had recovered.
"Well, uh, yeah. I...I thought I was out to you." He looked over at his sister, puzzled.
"Well...anyway, Donny, you must be very tired, after what happened tonight," Hannah said smoothly. "Why don't I show you where you'll be sleeping?"
Happy sat very still, his heart racing. His father was giving him a scrutinizing look, but Happy stared straight ahead, using all of his willpower to make sure that his face was perfectly blank. Perhaps his father would think that he hadn't caught that.
"Hannah," Dad called, following her, Uncle Donny, and the dog, "Can I talk to you?"
As soon as he was gone, Happy sighed in relief, breaking out into a huge grin. He had an ally in the house! Finally, after what seemed like years, he had someone on his side on this issue! As much as his parents had tried to discourage him from making friends with other LGBT Christians, he was finally not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment