Wednesday, March 30, 2016

It's Official: Pudge And Ronny, Chapter 35

 This is my Accelerated Christian Education fan fiction, the first ACE fan fiction ever on the internet, to my knowledge. You can see more chapters on the "Gay Christian Fanfiction" page at the top of this blog, or on my Deviant Art page here.


Shortly after Happy stopped responding to his texts, Pudge got a call on his cell phone. To his surprise, the number on the screen was Ronny's!
"Uh...hello?" he asked, overly casual.
"Hey, Pudge, um, it's Ronny," the other young man said, sounding a little nervous. Pudge wondered how someone as unflappably smooth and confident as Ronny could be nervous.
"Oh. Hi, Ronny," he said, unsure what else to say.
"Yeah. So, um...you know your mom called me earlier and invited me to dinner Sunday?" he asked quietly.
"Yeah. She did it right in front of me. Why? Do you not want to come?"
"Oh, no. I do. I just...I was just wondering, um..."
"What is it, Ronny?" Pudge prompted.
"Does she know...you know...what happened?" Ronny asked haltingly.
Pudge got a queasy feeling in the pit of his stomach. Ronny wouldn't like the answer. "Yes. She knows. She dragged it out of me," he added quickly.
"Fuck!" Ronny swore, startling Pudge. "So she's trying to evangelize me?!"
"No! No, of course not! She knows you don't like that."
"So why'd she invite me to dinner?"
"Well..." Pudge took a deep breath, his heart racing. "I think she thinks we're...you know...like...a couple or something," Pudge spoke the last few words very quickly, otherwise he would not have been able to say them at all.
"Oh." Ronny was silent for a long, uncomfortable moment. "So...are we...um..."
"Are we...are we what?" Pudge asked, though he thought he knew what Ronny was trying to say.
"Are we...you know...what she thinks we are?"
"Um...I don't know. What do you want to do?"
"Well, I was just asking because, well, I didn't know what you wanted to do. I mean, if you're okay with it..." Ronny trailed off.
"Yeah," Pudge said, a little too quickly. "I mean, yeah. Yeah, I think I'm okay with it. Are...are you okay with it?"
"Um...yeah. Yeah, I think I'm okay with it. Are you okay with it?" Ronny asked.
"Yeah, I just told you I was okay with it," Pudge replied, nervously.
"Okay."
"Okay," Pudge repeated, not sure what to say now.
"So...you know, um...that thing...the thing that happened...?" Ronny began, his voice becoming a little higher, "So it was...was it a...was it a one-time thing, or....?"
"Uh..." Pudge answered, at a loss for words. "I don't know. Do you, um...do you want it to be, or...?"
"Oh, I don't...ha-ha! I don't know," Ronny laughed nervously. "I just thought, maybe, you know, that you didn't like it, or...or something..."
"Oh no, I liked it..." Pudge replied. "I mean, I didn't LIKE it, but I...I mean, I didn't NOT like it, it was...I mean, I liked it, but not like THAT, I mean..." Pudge struggled for words. "I'm leaning towards...I liked it...a little more than I didn't like it, I guess?"
"Yeah! Me too!" Ronny replied, then seemed embarrassed by his enthusiasm. "I mean...you know what I mean..."
"Yeah. I do. Exactly. So...I guess I'll see you Sunday?" Pudge asked, trying to change the subject.
"Yeah. Sure. Sunday. I'll see you Sunday. Bye."
"Bye."
After he hung up, Pudge could finally breathe. He thought for sure that Ronny was calling to take back what had happened, swear Pudge to secrecy, defensively declare his straightness, deny his part in what had happened...
But no. He and Ronny were...
Pudge could hardly bring himself to say it, even in his mind. He and Ronny were...
A couple. Dating (courting?). Seeing each other.
The thought was only a whisper, in his head, but Pudge held onto it, his face turning red.
He finally understood all of the stories he had heard over the years of his classmates' crushes (even though they, as pure Christian kids dedicated to courtship, had tried not to act upon them). He finally felt the racing heart, the nerves, the feeling that he just wanted to see Ronny, but was too nervous to even bear it!
This was not the way he had felt towards any girl. This was so much stronger, so much deeper as a feeling....
This felt different than anything he had ever felt, or tried to to feel, for a girl.
This felt different. This felt right.
Which was why he was so scared that it was wrong. He couldn't just trust whatever felt right to him, to be right. So was everything that felt right, wrong?
Pudge went to sleep quickly after that, too tired and nervous to think about this matter anymore. He didn't have to think about it, when he was sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment