Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Umpqua: I Am On The "Friendly Atheist" Blog

After the shooting at my school (Umpqua Community College) happened, the school was suddenly in the national spotlight. So I thought that some people would like to hear my story about being an atheist at UCC, and trying to start an atheist club there last year.
But my blog is small, and even people who would want to hear it might not get to. So I contacted Hemant Mehta of the Friendly Atheist blog, whom I had long respected and admired, about being a guest writer there. I thought I could be friendly enough, after all.
Here is my story, which I don't feel I should reprint here--after all, I wrote it for Hemant's blog. But I will provide the link to it, and I may elaborate on the same story here on this blog if I have time.
Some people who have commented on The Friendly Atheist have said that they would like to see me contribute more to that site. I think that I will (with Hemant's permission), if I have something that would be of interest to all or most atheists, and is specifically on the topic of atheism or religion. Here, it is more about life's journey, so that I talk about all different subjects, and interesting or funny incidences that happen to me.
If I write again for The Friendly Atheist or any other site, I will provide the link on this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment