Sunday, September 11, 2016

I'm Moving To Another Blog

I hate to do this to people, but I can't stand the word "atheist" being in the address of my blog any more. My focus, when I started this blog, was that it was okay to not be evangelical, like my family and school wanted and thought I was.
But now I have more important things to focus on. I discovered, only a few months after starting this blog a few years ago, that I wasn't straight. (My body really fooled me with that one--I was twenty-three!) So now the focus of my life is, "It is okay to not be straight." And not only okay--it is good, just like being straight is good! 
And I now know from experience that sexuality is much harder to accept in oneself than doubts or non-belief. Knowing that you are okay, and feeling okay with yourself, are two very different things.
Atheists are not my target audience anymore. I don't care what one believes or doesn't, for the most part, as long as they are LGBT affirming, or at least don't stand in the way of our rights or protections.
I don't care about labels in regard to beliefs anymore, and the word "atheist" in the address feels so constraining to me. So I got a new blog called http://ajslifejourneys.blogspot.com/. This is what I have to do, to protect my creativity. I may repost some of my favorites from this blog, but I will leave this blog up also, so that anyone can see my old posts if they like (there are almost 200 blog posts on this one, so reposting every one would not be practical).
I don't know what I am, exactly, in regard to belief, what my label is. But I don't care anymore. Sexuality is a much bigger deal, at least in my life, and I'm sure for many others too. The word "atheist" in the address bothered me and restrained me, so I'm doing what I have to do.
Always protect your creativity. Do whatever you must, to protect your creativity. If something is constraining you, even if you think it shouldn't, you don't have to go along with it.
I don't know if this will work out in the long run, but in the meantime, I feel so much better. I feel more free now to write about LGBT issues, getting rid of stuff, and caring for disabled chickens; or anything else that strikes my fancy. This blog has served me very well; I have had such a good time with it! But I'm also glad to move on. Here is the link again, if you wish to follow me to my new blog: http://ajslifejourneys.blogspot.com/
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment